- In case of emergency at a dive site contact the Coastguard - VHF Channel 16 or dial 999 and ask for the Coastguard.
- They will co-ordinate the other emergency services needed to help you.
- If you are at home following a dive and suspect you may have decompression illness contact the Hyperbaric Medicine Unit in Aberdeen on 0845 408 6008, out of hours ask for the hyperbaric consultant, they will tell you what to do next.
- If the patient is seriously unwell or deteriorating rapidly, inform the ambulance service promptly by dialling 999.
- Don't turn up at a chamber unannounced, most are not manned 24-hours a day.
Hyperbaric Medicine Unit, Aberdeen
Diving Diseases Research Centre, Plymouth
ScubaDoc - professional diving medicine advice online
- UK Sport Diving Medical Committee
British Diving Safety Group - aims to promote safe diving practices amongst the British sport diving community
Maritime and Coastguard Agency - the official MCA site
- Fort William Coastguard - Fort William sector's unofficial site
- Shetland Coastguard - unofficial site of the Shetland Coastguard
- Disclosure Scotland - the website of the Scottish Criminal Record Office Disclosure Service
- Central Registered Body in Scotland - provides free Disclosures (police checks) for volunteers in the voluntary sector working with children, young people and vulnerable adults